Life Direction & Life Transitions Counseling
Longmont & Throughout Colorado & Florida
Have you recently experienced a huge life event?
It could be something that you knew was going to take place. Some examples can include:
- Your child’s graduation or your graduation
- Age milestone
- Birth of a child
Or, the event could be something so unexpected that it is hard for you to catch your breath. These can include:
- A medical diagnosis
- Divorce (this may or may not have been unexpected)
- Laid off or fired from a job
- Death, accident, or illness of a loved one
- The need to take care of aging parents
Whether the change is planned or unexpected, you may be feeling lost and uncertain about what to do next.
All of these changes can lead to a questioning of your identity.
- Who am I now after this event has taken place?
- What is my role now that my kids have left home?
- Where can I find meaning after retirement?
- What do I want to do with my time, and what are my priorities, now that I have been diagnosed with this illness?
- How do I take care of myself AND my aging parents?
These are all very important questions! A crisis, life change, or life transition is a turning point that brings a re-evaluation of your priorities to the forefront. You can’t keep doing things the same way. You know, there has to be a change.
How can therapy help?
You don’t have to walk down this new road alone. During this time of change and overwhelm, therapy can offer you time to slow down and pay attention to…
- What is needed
- What really matters
- Your next steps
Together we can…
- Work on bringing more meaning and purpose into your life.
- Create ways to feel calmer and take better care of yourself, so that you can feel less stressed.
- Explore how your identity has changed due to your recent life event so that you can have greater self-compassion and a stronger connection to others.
Reach out for a free 20-30 minute video or phone initial consultation! I’ll answer your questions about therapy. We’ll decide if I’m the right therapist for you. If not, I can refer you to another clinician in my network. If we are a good fit, then we’ll go ahead and get started. I want to make sure that you get the best care possible!
Often when people are experiencing a life transition or life change, they experience grief. My Grief Counseling Services may provide additional support for you in this changing time.
Please check out my Therapy Services page, for information about my practice including individual therapy appointment information.
If you would like more information about my background and therapy approach please check out the About Hope page.
I look forward to hearing from you!
“The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.”
– Charles Du Bos