“We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.”
– T.S. Eliot
Hello! I believe you can have a meaningful and fulfilling life. I will help you access your strengths, and then support you in making choices that achieve healing and balance in your life.
It’s my priority to create an environment that promotes growth and positive change in your life. I love bearing witness to this growth and transformation. I consider this work an honor, and a great privilege.
My clients have described me as warm, down-to-earth, easy to talk to, a good listener, insightful, humorous, intuitive and someone who asks important and sometimes challenging questions.
I am dedicated to being an active partner on your healing journey!
The therapeutic relationship is such an important part of therapy! Schedule your free 20-30 minute video or phone consult to see if we’re a good fit.
I use various treatment approaches with my clients based on their individual needs and preferences.
Here are some approaches that I use with my clients:
• Psychodynamic: What we experience early in life can affect our current relationships and how we treat ourselves. In therapy, we don’t stay stuck in the past, but instead, look at how the past is currently affecting the present.
• Systems: The different systems (people, groups, school, work, culture) in your life can both negatively and positively impact your life. This theory works on decreasing the negative and increasing the positive impacts on your life.
• CBT -Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: What you think about things affects how you feel and this then affects your behavior. We can look at how the thoughts can be changed (creating a different perspective) to positively shift experiences in your life.
• Creative Arts Therapies: It is hard sometimes to put what we are experiencing into words. Some alternative ways to express thoughts and feelings can include art, games, and role-play.
• Mindfulness Techniques; These techniques can help decrease stress and become more present in your daily life.
• Eclectic: This theory uses a combination of different types of approaches based on your needs and wishes.
My Education and Background
I earned my Master of Social Work degree from Tulane University. Before that, I received my Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Pepperdine University.
I have three decades of experience providing counseling services for adults, teens, and children in various social service agencies, and then through my private therapy practice.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Colorado, and a Registered Telehealth Therapist in Florida.
My counseling practice is based in Longmont, Colorado. With my online therapy services, I work with clients throughout Colorado and Florida.
Reach out for a free 20-30-minute video or phone initial consultation! During the consult, you can share a little bit about what will be bringing you into counseling. I’ll also answer any questions you may have about therapy.
This consult will give us an opportunity to decide if I’m the right therapist for you. If not, I can refer you to another clinician in my network. If we are a good fit, then we’ll go ahead and get started. I want to make sure that you get the best care possible!
Please check out my Therapy Services page for more information about my practice including individual therapy appointment information.
You can also find out more about my Specialties.
You might be interested in checking out my Therapy Blog for additional resources and information. Topics include grief and loss, self-care and various other mental health areas.
I look forward to hearing from you!